Volunteer to provide domestic violence counseling on our hotlines; facilitate a support group; or join our speaker’s bureau or a community action team to make a difference in your neighborhood or at your workplace. Some volunteer opportunities, such as being a hotline advocate or support group facilitator, require a training course and certification. Other opportunities, such as fundraising and events, do not.
Become an agent of change by downloading our Personal Peace Agreement and pledging your commitment to creating and maintaining healthy and non-violent relationships:
40-Hour Domestic Violence Training
Become a Certified Domestic Violence Advocate
Through the 40-hour training program that Center for Domestic Peace offers, volunteers learn practical, hands-on skills in peer counseling, crisis intervention, assessment, and advocacy for women.
- This training incorporates the most recent research and thinking in the field, and includes such topics as: history of the battered woman's movement, analysis of patriarchy, other popular DV theories, why women stay, techniques for stopping violence, and leadership for creating intentional communities of safety and justice.
- Volunteers completing Center for Domestic Peace’s 40-hour training program become State of California Certified Domestic Violence Counselors, as defined by the Office of Justice Planning and mandated by Evidence Code 1037.1(a).
Our next training dates are Wednesday, 1/27, Friday, 1/29, Tuesday, 2/2, Thursday, 2/4, Saturday, 2/6.
Please contact us at 415.457.2464 if you have questions or want to register.
Board approved for MFT, LCSW, and Nursing Continuing Education Units.
Other Volunteer Opportunities
- Women’s Emergency Hotline Advocate – Work from your home! 40-hour training required.
- Women’s Support Group Facilitator – Provide peer counseling for women in our support groups. 40-hour training required.
- ManKind & WomanKind Batterer Intervention Program Class Facilitator – Help men and women learn to stop their violence. 40-hour training required.
- Annual Mother’s Day Luncheon Volunteers – Help Center for Domestic Peace with our annual fundraising event. Generate items for the silent auction, help with decorations, and many other tasks. No training required.
- Fundraising – Join our fundraising committees and task forces to carry out special events and
cultivate contributions from throughout the community. Requirements: Committee
meetings once a month.
Please call 415.457.2464 to learn more about these volunteer opportunities.