October’s Domestic Violence Awareness Month (DVAM) Activities
Pole to Win, a global company with its headquarters in Larkspur, has challenged us to raise $25,000 as a match grant in support of DVAM! Donate today:
Sports Basement is giving 20% discount all month - just mention C4DP at checkout!
1. Purple Hair: We Care campaign with Salons all month
C4DP is partnering with hair salons around the county to help raise awareness to prevent domestic violence. Salon professionals are in a unique position to recognize the signs and symptoms of abuse in their clients and co-workers. C4DP hopes to raise awareness and support salons to connect their clients to C4DP for help. As part of the campaign, we are encouraging them/you to streak your hair purple for a day, a week, or a month to offer an opening for dialogue about the issue and our work. Share photos and comments on our Facebook and Twitter.
For information, please contact Marla Hedlund @ 415.526.2543 or firstname.lastname@example.org
2. October 19- CCR to DV Network Meeting 3:00-5:00 PM, Marin County Office of Education, 1111 Las Gallinas Ave, San Rafael, CA 94903
“WORKING TOGETHER TO END DOMESTIC VIOLENCE”
JOIN US FOR A BEHIND THE SCENES LOOK AT C4DP
Meet and Hear the Real-life Stories of…
- SURVIVORS: from Police Report to Promise
- ABUSERS: from Endangering to Empowering
- YOUTH: from Learning to Leading
For information, please contact Madelyn Knowles @415.526.2556 or email@example.com
3. October 24 - Free Forum on Current Dangers of "Hooking-Up" Culture in Marin, 6:30-8:00 PM, San Rafael Community Center
Join Center for Domestic Peace and Huckleberry Youth Programs for a free educational forum on the work of Marin Against Youth Abuse. A youth-led panel and program leaders will discuss:
1. Historic work underway in Marin to address youth abuse.
2. Impact and success over past 7 years.
3. What more is needed to “move the needle” to end youth dating abuse.
4. What you can do to help!
4. October 26 - Dia De Los Muertos / Day of the Dead 12:00– 2:00 PM, Center for Domestic Peace, 734 A Street, San Rafael
Join us for this memorial and reading of the names of those killed by domestic violence, hosted by Voces de Cambio. We will also be honoring our advocates. RSVP to 415.457.2464.
DVAM Hashtags: #MyVoice, #1Thing, #DVAM, #C4DP, #GrowPeace
For information, please contact Marla Hedlund @ 415. 526.2543 or firstname.lastname@example.org